Documents won't save

Discussion of issues you faced using ONLYOFFICE

Documents won't save

Postby waters » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:57 pm

After getting the newest update of OnlyOffice, the saving feature worked for a time but now I cannot save new files or save changes to existing files. I'm on Win10 and have been since using this desktop. I went into Properties after right clicking on the program in Program Files and tried clicking Write in the Permissions tab (which was unchecked), but that not solve the problem.

Does anyone have any solutions? I really like this suite but if it won't save, I have to get a different one. And it took me going through four of the "best" free word processor suites to find this one.
waters

Re: Documents won't save

Postby Kate » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

Our developers didn't reproduce this problem within the latest version of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors.

To detect the issue, please, specify:

1) Do you have this problem while saving the local document using Desktop Editors app or the document stored on your cloud portal?
2) What about saving changes to the existing files, please, describe your actions step-by-step: you open, edit, save the document and after that there are no changes in the re-opened file, right? Or has the issue another scenario?
3) Do you have this problem with text documents only? Or also with spreadsheets and presentations?
Kate

Postby waters » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 am

Hi, Kate. Thanks for answering.

The problem is in the Desktop Editor, as I do not use/have access to the cloud. For #2, yes, that is right. I make changes to a document and save it. When I reopen it, nothing was saved. For new documents, when I try to save, it will act like it is saving, but if I don't pay attention after saving, I can close without getting a warning that the document will not be saved. The name will not change on top to the name I saved it under, it will remain Document(insert number), but will still close like it saved the document. The problem occurs with all three processors: word, presentation, and spreadsheet.

For the past week or so, I thought the problem had fixed itself because it WAS saving properly. Then it stopped saving again yesterday.
waters

Postby waters » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 pm

I apologize. I responded to this weeks ago and was told I had to wait for moderators to approve the message and that I would be told when they did. It seems my post just got eaten, though. So here are my answers to your questions again.

1. This problem is the Desktop Editor version. And I am saving to my computer, not the cloud. Every other program does save, so it's not my computer.

2. Yes, when I save (either a New doc or an existing one), I open the file, edit or create it, then I save it. It acts like it is saving (it does the saving percentage pop up) and then stops. So it looks like it saved. Then I close and reopen the file and nothing has changed. Trying to save a New doc results in the same thing except that it doesn't save at all, though the file acts like the program saved it. So instead of warning me I am closing an unsaved file, it just closes it as if it has been saved.

3. The problem is with text, spreadsheets, and presantations.

Please help! I love this editor and I don't want to have to go to an inferior one (like LibreOffice or Polaris or WPS).

Kate wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

Our developers didn't reproduce this problem within the latest version of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors.

To detect the issue, please, specify:

1) Do you have this problem while saving the local document using Desktop Editors app or the document stored on your cloud portal?
2) What about saving changes to the existing files, please, describe your actions step-by-step: you open, edit, save the document and after that there are no changes in the re-opened file, right? Or has the issue another scenario?
3) Do you have this problem with text documents only? Or also with spreadsheets and presentations?
waters

Postby Kate » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:18 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, we still are not able to reproduce the problem you describe.

We recommend you to remove ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from your PC. Then download and install the latest version of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from our official web site http://www.onlyoffice.com. Please follow this link.
Kate

Return to Issues