Google Drive Problems: Read Only, Not Updating

Discussion of issues you faced using ONLYOFFICE

Google Drive Problems: Read Only, Not Updating

Postby csilvest » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

Greetings! New user, just testing things out. Very impressed!!

I've attached my Google Drive account and see the files in my portal. However, 2 issues:

1. All the files seem to be read-only, all show 0 bytes. I can't edit any from portal, although I can load them into the editor. However, I can delete files from my Google Drive root directory here, and the deleted files are gone in Google Drive. So they're not truly "read only". I can also copy files via portal and they

2. Newly created files (in Google Drive) do not appear in the portal view of my Google Drive. Perhaps it takes some time for the new files to show up here?
{Edit: updated after approx 5 minutes; no a problem, unless it should be immediate ]

Keep up the great work!
csilvest

Re: Google Drive Problems: Read Only, Not Updating

Postby Kate » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in ONLYOFFICE platform.

What about your questions:

1) The files, that you have indicated as "read-only", are the files of the Google formats (.gdoc, .gslides, .gsheets). Please, note, that the listed file formats are not supported by our service, that is why you can open the files of these formats for viewing only. If you want to edit such files, please, follow: File > Download As > Docx (Xlsx, Pptx), and download them to the directory anew. In this case you will be able to open such files for editing using Google service and our ONLYOFFICE editors.

Any operations with Google Drive files (Dropbox, Onedrive, SharePoint etc.) are synchronized, that is why such processes as copying, removing and transfering take place on the both platforms (Google Drive and ONLYOFFICE services)

2) Yes, you are right. It takes some time for the new files to show up in ONLYOFFICE portal. If it takes a long-duration period of time, in this case the account should be reconnected.
Kate

Return to Issues