Firefox opens find when typing in spreadsheet

Discussion of issues you faced using ONLYOFFICE

Firefox opens find when typing in spreadsheet

Postby kylemanta » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:07 pm

This just started. Creating or editing a spreadsheet, start typing or editing a cell, the first character appears in the cell but the second typed key opens the firefox Find toolbar at the bottom like it's searching on the page rather than typing in the cell. It's not a key combination, any letter causes this. I've cleared cache and cookies, no change. No problem on Chrome. This has occurred over multiple versions of Firefox including latest. Any ideas?
kylemanta

Re: Firefox opens find when typing in spreadsheet

Postby Kate » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 am

Hello,

1) The search command can be opened by pressing the following key combinations: ctrl+f, ctlr+g or F3. Please, check and make sure, that you don't use such key combinations.
2) Also specify (or send the screenshot) the list of addons and plugins added to your Firefox browser. This problem can be caused by some specific plugins.
Kate

Postby kylemanta » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Definitely not using those keystrokes. Typing anything in the cell causes this. I can click a cell, being typing THE, and as soon as I press H, the Find toolbar appears and that's where the H and subsequent letters appear, not in the cell I was typing in.
Attachments
FF adons.jpg
firefox addons, same as I've always had
FF adons.jpg (113.67 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
kylemanta

Postby kylemanta » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Those keys aren't being typed, nothing with CTRL, F or ALT combinations. I'm talking pure text.

My addons include Custom New Tab, Duplicate in Tab Context Menu, IBM Notes Browser Plugin Extension, New Tab Homepage, New Tabs at the End.

After typeing the first letter of any word in a cell, the find box appears at the bottom of Firefox so the 2nd key pressed is actually entered in that, not the cell. This doesn't happen in Documents, only Spreadsheets.
kylemanta

Postby Kate » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the additional details and for the screenshot attached.

We would like to note, that our developers have detected this bug working with spreadsheets on ONLYOFFICE portal.
Now they are working on the solution of this issue.

We are planning to release a new version 4.1 in two weeks. The solution of this problem will be introduced into ONLYOFFICE during this update of the service.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconveniences.
Kate

Postby kylemanta » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:24 pm

I found a solution (although it's more a workaround). In the Firefox about:config there's a setting "accessibilty.typeaheadfind" which was enabled. After disabling this, I am able to type in the cell normally. However, on a normal webpage I can no longer simply press keys to start searching as I did previous (controlled by this setting) and must use CTRL F to open the find bar.
kylemanta

Return to Issues