Reset formatting bad behaviour (Ctrl+Space)

Discussion of the "Documents" module

Reset formatting bad behaviour (Ctrl+Space)

Postby pietroq » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Team,

My first post, so pls instruct if anything is wrong. Love the product, ofc.

Q: it seems to me that Ctrl+Space does not work like in MS Word. When I select an entire paragraph (like a heading line) and then press Ctrl+Space in Word it will reset the selected text to the default formatting of the style of the paragraph. In OnlyOffice Docs it resets the paragraph to Normal, essentially loosing paragraph styling. Is there a workaround for this?

Idea: would be nice to have a functionality to remove all *manually applied* styling from selected text, with the possibility of preserving some. Typical use case: long document, partially copied form different sources, edited by multiple people. Some manual formatting here and there is very tedious to clean up. Operation: I select practically the whole document, then initiate the cleanup operation that will offer to choose what not to remove (e.g. bold and italic) and then goes through the selection and removes any manually applied (non-style based) formatting.

Thx,
pi
pietroq

Re: Reset formatting bad behaviour (Ctrl+Space)

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am

Hello,

Thank you for the information and for your suggestion.

As to the problem with Ctrl+Space, unfortunately, there is a bug within the current version. We have forwarded the description of the problem to our developers. They will do their best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Kate

Return to Documents