Document sync

Discussion of the "Documents" module

Document sync

Postby nommaz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 pm

What is the best practice for always making My Documents, Common Documents and Project Documents always available offline via sync tool?

Ideally each user should only automatically be able to sync what they has access to, so using google/dropbox/owncloud doesnt sound like the answer.
nommaz

Re: Document sync

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 am

Hello!

We would like to offer you ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors, that can be installed on your computer and used for offline work with the documents. You can also sync it with your portal to get access to the files stored in the cloud, after that you need to dowload the files on your computer to be able to edit them in offline mode.

Please find more information about ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors on our website. Follow this link to download them.
Alex

Postby nommaz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Alex

I had discovered the editors of course and they are great! but they are not the solution to the problem I was trying to describe. Let me be more clear with an example.

When I am on an airplane i would like to open onlyoffice offline tool and have access to all my project documents without thinking about having to download them previously.

instead of having owncloud be a plugin it should be fully fused inside your product. I should be able to use owncloud or similar opensource sync tool to sync everything without having to manage access rights in two seperate systems.

Surely there must be others like me who do not want to rely on being online all the time or having to download thousands of files manually. I guess you guys must have super reliable internet in Riga :)
nommaz

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 am

Hello!

Unfortunately, there are no applications for offline work that meet your requirements at the moment.

We will definitely forward your suggestion to our Development Department for further consideration.
Alex

Return to Documents