calendar unuseable: invitations and synchronisation

Discussion of the "Calendar" module

calendar unuseable: invitations and synchronisation

Postby pee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 am

Hi,

I like openoffice, but I find the calendar feature quite unusable as our main calendar.

1) the calendar cannot be synced with other clients, like mail/calendar apps on android, ios or even windows. Caldav functionality to sync calendars, address books and tasks is really needed. Also ITIP/IMIP invitation scheduling (RSVP) is needed.
2) but even within openoffice the calendar app is not so useable: if I make a group event, the group members have no option to accept or decline the invitation, so you never know who shows up.
3) It should be possible to make a calendar event directly from an email or task.
4) a last remark: the word "event " is used within onlyoffice for several total different things (for announcements, for calendar events, in CRM, etc.) this is confusing. so best to use different words for different functionalities.

Is onlyoffice adressing these issues?

Thanks !!
pee

Re: calendar unuseable: invitations and synchronisation

Postby Alexander » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 am

Hello,
Please be sure, we will take into account all your suggestions.
We appreciate all your comments and suggestions.
We already forwarded them to our developers for further consideration to implement these features in the next versions of ONLYOFFICE.
Thank you for your feedback!
Alexander

calendar unuseable invitations and synchronisation

Postby Quincyor » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:48 am

I am attempting to build a calendar from a PostgreSQL database, but the calendar defaults to MySQL. Will PostgreSQL and the calendar work together?
Quincyor

Re: calendar unuseable: invitations and synchronisation

Postby Kate » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 am

Hello,

As we can see, your question concerns ONLYOFFICE™ Server Solution.
If you have any questions regarding the usage of ONLYOFFICE server version, we invite you to post them to our ONLYOFFICE Developers forum, please, follow the link below:

http://dev.onlyoffice.org/
Kate

Return to Calendar