Implement GTD (Getting Things Done) in Projects

Discussion of the "Projects" module

Implement GTD (Getting Things Done) in Projects

Postby mcgurme » Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello,

Many of us who are into productivity use some version of the "Getting Things Done" (GTD) approach by David Allen. My team and I have used a variant of this approach for over a decade.

I am presently using another popular cloud-based tool for project management. It has two key features that allow us to use the GTD approach:

1. The ability to separate tasks list for a user into at least three categories, Inbox, Today, and Later (a fourth category of Upcoming is very useful too).

2. The ability to "tag" or "categorize" tasks by context. So that, for example, I could tag any phone call task with the "phone" tag. Then, when I am ready to use the phone, I search for all tasks with the "phone" tag and get to work.

I am wondering if I am missing something, or if these features don't exist? If they don't exist yet, is there any chance of adding them?

Thanks
Morgan
mcgurme

Re: Implement GTD (Getting Things Done) in Projects

Postby Kate » Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 am

Hello Morgan,

We appreciate your interest in ONLYOFFICE.

Within the Projects module there is possibility to set a desired Due Date using one of the available options when assigning tasks: Today, 3 days, Week, or selecting it from the calendar, or entering it manually in the following format dd/mm/yyyy.

Also it is possible to set the task priority checking the High option. Here you find more information.

As to your second question there is possibility to select an appropriate task category assigning tasks within CRM module. The detailed information can be found following this link.
Kate

Return to Projects