Project and Task automation

Discussion of the "Projects" module

Project and Task automation

Postby twgerber » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

I am setting up a project template.

I want to have a series of tasks go in order. I want the Due Date to be auto calculated based on the project creation date or some other start date.

So task 1 is due - start date + 3 days
Task 2: after task 1 with due date +5 days

Can this be done via a template?

Having to manually set due dates on every task really kills the project template usefulness IMO.
twgerber

Re: Project and Task automation

Postby Kate » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, the current version of Projects module has no such feature for project template.

We will definitely forward your suggestion to our development team for further consideration.

We appreciate your interest in ONLYOFFICE platform! Thank you for your ideas on the improvement of ONLYOFFICE functionality!
Kate

Postby twgerber » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Kate wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately, the current version of Projects module has no such feature for project template.

We will definitely forward your suggestion to our development team for further consideration.

We appreciate your interest in ONLYOFFICE platform! Thank you for your ideas on the improvement of ONLYOFFICE functionality!

Can I write my own customization to do this?
twgerber

Postby twgerber » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Kate wrote:Hello,

Can I write my own customization to set due dates and who some tasks are assigned to by default (some tasks always go to the same person).

Thanks
twgerber

Postby Kate » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 am

Hello,

ONLYOFFICE cloud solution does not provide such feature.

You can check ONLYOFFICE API for that purpose.
Kate

Return to Projects