Form Filling Access Rights update original document

Discussion of issues you faced using ONLYOFFICE
icstester

Form Filling Access Rights update original document

Post by icstester » Fri May 14, 2021 5:52 am

Very nice collaboration tools you have developed! I am new and trying to work some things out to see whether OnlyOffice could be used for non-profit collaboration.

I am wondering if the "Form Filling" access rights are supposed to update the original document with the filled content.
I created a document with rich text Content Controls, and set the Locking to "Content Control Cannot be deleted," but left the "Content Control cannot be edited" unchecked.

When I send a link to a user, they fill out the form, their input updates the original document, so I have the document with their content added, which everyone in the group sees.
I suspect it would be the same if i sent the link to Guests ?

Is there a way to have a Content Controls be fillable by Users or Guests, without editing the original document ?

Kate

Re: Form Filling Access Rights update original document

Post by Kate » Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback!

Please note, guests cannot edit documents. If you choose "Form Filling" access you are able to view the document and fill in the forms (content controls) inserted into the document. All other editing options except entering text into the forms will not be available. For more information please follow this link: https://www.onlyoffice.com/blog/2019/06 ... m-filling/. Thank you.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact us,
Best regards!