open files on a different hard drive on linux

Discussion of issues you faced using ONLYOFFICE
L_yotov

open files on a different hard drive on linux

Post by L_yotov » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:54 am

Hello, I'm facing problems opening files by DesktopEditors on a different logic hard drive except for the one with the root folder. It's impossible to load a file by the browse button because I cannot see the other drive in the opened window. If I try to open that file from the file manager, it says that the file format is not supported.

Kate

Re: open files on a different hard drive on linux

Post by Kate » Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 am

Hello,

Please specify the Desktop Editors version, the version of your OS; the file format you are trying to open.
Please send us the screenshots of the problem, if possible.

rskildum

Post by rskildum » Sun May 31, 2020 2:21 pm

I think I may have the same problem. I am using Ubuntu 04.10. I have my Document folder on a different hard drive with a symbolic link to my home folder. The folder name shows up in OnlyOffice but when I try to open or save anything to my Document folder it says Permission denied. I have no problem with any other application

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 am

Please send us the screenshots of the problem, if possible.

lobizon21

Re: open files on a different local ram drive and smb shares on linux

Post by lobizon21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Request problem solving. It's impossible to load a file by the browse button because I cannot see the other drive in the opened window. Your REPLY to this post page here is dysfunctional to attach even a png screenshot. I am getting DISCONCERTED with this basic dysfunctinality of OnlyOffice.

Thanks, Sam

Ubuntu 20.04

Kate

Post by Kate » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:19 am

We are sorry for the inconvenience!
please send us a link to the screenshot.

Best Regards,
Kate

Lance L. Landon

Post by Lance L. Landon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 am

Utilizing: ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 5.5.1.78
Linux Ubuntu Studio 20.04
I am experiencing the same problem. Libre Office & WPS both open my files on a second separate hard drive. OnlyOffice Recognized the second hard drive but claims it cannot read the files. I have tried several approaches but none seem to work. Only Office appears to be a good application. However I keep my files on the separate drive as I have had several failures of Ubuntu Studios 19.10 [if I recall the previous version number correctly]. Besides I am now using a smaller drive [WD 340MB] and my data would not fit on that drive. I think this may be an omission of the connection data on the application as installed. Perhaps the programmers of Only Office will, hopefully, write code to bridge this issue?

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Hello,

There is a bug. Unfortunately, it has not fixed yet. We have transmitted the information to the developers. Please keep for updates.

Best Regards,
Kate

vorwaerts

Post by vorwaerts » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:13 am

Hi Kate,

This bug is known for more than one year now and it makes it impossible to implement ONLYOFFICE in my company. It's such a pity, but we need this basic functionality. By any chance this could be fixed so we can roll out OO as our major office solution?

Thx,
André

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:17 am

Hello André,
We do apologize for the inconveniences caused,

Please provide us with the additional information about the issue:
- The version of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors application
- The OS version
- The screenshot of the problem

Please also make sure that you downloaded ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors exactly from the official ONLYOFFICE site: https://www.onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Best regards!