My short experience with OnlyOffice

Tell us about your experience with ONLYOFFICE
sick_snyder

My short experience with OnlyOffice

Post by sick_snyder » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:30 pm

I recently had to work with the web version of OnlyOffice (ONLYOFFICE/5.6.3.2) and it was rough. It tried different browsers, but it didn't help. Here are some bugs I've encountered (among many):

Sometimes weird list rendering: Image

Huge blank space at the bottom (disappears after refreshing the page): Image

Clicking on different headings only changes the font style but it stays "normal" text, which means the headings are not listed in the "table of contents". Image

The spell check is poor (at least the German version). I was often told that a word was wrong only to have the same word suggested again. Image

- Two people working on the same document is impossible. My cursor position jumps around wildly in the document every time the other person writes something, without me even touching my mouse or keyboard.

- Compatibility with Microsoft Office is very limited. Images, tables, table of contents, etc. all look different and are usually completely broken. When I export the document and open it in Office and LibreOffice I have 3 very different versions.

- The page number in the "table of contents" is sometimes wrong (usually off by one page), even when you update it. I noticed that this happens especially when you have a title page without a page number.

I really hope that future versions of OnlyOffice will be much better. I'll check back in a few years. I'm not a fan of Microsoft products, so I'd be happy to see OnlyOffice software compete at some point.

Kate

Re: My short experience with OnlyOffice

Post by Kate » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:57 am

Dear user,
Thank you for the detailed information you provided us with.

Please note, the current version of ONLYOFFICE Docs is 6.1. So, we recommend that you update the version first, please. If it does not solve the issue, please, describe the following issue on our developer forum for server versions at dev.onlyoffice.org .

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Best regards!