Different access types

Discussion of the "Documents" module
RrBd

Different access types

Post by RrBd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 am

Hello,

I am currently testing onlyoffice "personel", because we are thinking about using it for our non profit organization. Currently I have a problem how to share 1 single document in 2 different modes:
  • Read Only for everybody to whom I sent a link (everybody who contributes to our neighbourhood party
  • Edit Access for a smaller number other Users (organization comitee), which are not registered to onlyoffice
Currently I only know the sharing option where I create a bit.ly link where I have to decide whether I want to grant edit access or not.

How can I grant different access for different users to the same document?

I hope you can help,

Best regards

Rainer Bielefeld

Kate

Re: Different access types

Post by Kate » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am

Hello,

ONLYOFFICE Personal is intended for personal use and not for multiple user access.
Bit.ly links are generated differently for different type of access. So every time you choose another access type the link changes.

RrBd

Post by RrBd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Your hint differs from my observations, I tet the same bit.ly link for "readonly" or "edit", but the reaction for the document differs. If I created the link for "readonly", access via link wil be readonly. When I later create a link for "edit" access, I get the same link, but now it will grant edit access.

If it would work as you told, that would be a solution for my "personal test phase".

CU

Rainer

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 am

Hello again,

I am sorry, I have checked with our developers and it seems that different access types links are impossible to be generated for external access. In other words, using onlyoffice personal will not be possible to use for what you need. Document can either be Read only access or view only or full access and not all of them together. I am sorry for misunderstanding. You have received a letter in our support system support@onlyoffice.com. Log in with your registration email for the forum.