Can't save to Dropbox

Your ideas on the improvement of Documents module.
standuncan

Can't save to Dropbox

Post by standuncan » Thu May 30, 2019 5:12 pm

I have integrated Dropbox with Onlyoffice and can now open documents from Dropbox nicely. However, when I try to save a document, the Dropbox directory is missing. Anyone have an explanation for that and how to fix it?

Kate

Re: Can't save to Dropbox

Post by Kate » Fri May 31, 2019 8:29 am

Would you please elaborate on "try to save"? Describe your actions step by step

standuncan

Post by standuncan » Fri May 31, 2019 9:49 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing.
I have linked Dropbox to ONLYOFFICE, and when I go to the main list of directories and files in ONLYOFFICE I see the Dropbox directory. I click on it and I see all of my Dropbox files. I click on one and I can open it in ONLYOFFICE . I can then work on it like all other documents (in this case MS Word Docx files). When I am finished I want to save it back to Dropbox, so I click on File, then "Download as," then I choose "Docx" (though I assume i could choose one of the other options as well), and then I'm taken to the ONLYOFFICE opening screen with the ONLYOFFICE directory and a list of all of the online directories that I have linked to OPENOFFICE. Dropbox is not on that list. So, what I have to do is to save the document I'm working on to another directory, like "Onedrive" and then move it to Dropbox. In summary, what I'm saying is that I have linked Dropbox to ONLYOFFICE and can see Dropbox in ONLYOFFICE's opening list of available directories, but I can't see it listed when I am trying to save a document.

Is that more clear?

Kate

Post by Kate » Fri May 31, 2019 10:41 am

That is odd as Download as used literally to download files from your portal to your computer. All the changes you make while working in Dropbox folder are saved automatically to your dropbox (if you have autosave on)

standuncan

Post by standuncan » Fri May 31, 2019 10:57 am

I think the Autosave is actually working. That is, it will automatically save/download to the original location where I got the file, and if the file came from Dropbox, it will return it to dropbox (I believe that ONLYOFFICE saves a copy and puts a number after it). But if I want to go to the directories myself (for example, if I want to save it in a different location on Dropbox), I get a list of all of my online directories (including ONLYOFFICE's) but not Dropbox. It is the only one that is not listed. I see it on the list if I want to open a file, but I don't see it on a list if I want to save a file.

Kate

Post by Kate » Fri May 31, 2019 11:08 am

Try the following way: after finishing with this file close it, the go to the list of your files, find the one you need and in the drop-down list choose the option Move to, there you will see all the directories you can move it to.