Printing documents issue

Office suite for offline editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations and collaboration
Paw

Printing documents issue

Post by Paw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 am

Hi!
I've been using Desktop Editor's for a couple of weeks. Until now I've found only one annoying issue. When I want to print even a 1 page document it freezes my PC for a couple of minutes while the document is being processed. Why it is so resources hungry? The document is always printed after all but it takes really too long to do it. Has someone similar problem? What may be the reason. I have no problem with any other office app including libreoffice, wps office etc. Anyway I really like OnlyOffice for its great compatibility with ms office formats and would like to use it as main office suite. Thanks for any suggestions. If it matters, I work on Linux Mint 18 on desktop PC.

Kate

Re: Printing documents issue

Post by Kate » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am

Hello,

What's the version of Desktop Editors? Would you also please send us the document for testing at support@onlyoffice.com?
Do you have ssd or hdd , what is your processor, storage, is it PC or laptop?

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm

It is a version 5.3.95.43. Computer, as I already have mentioned is a desktop PC. It is an old 4GB RAM PC dual core processor with integrated graphic card on board. But it should not be a reason of so long awaiting of document to be printed. As I also mentioned I have no this kind of issues using other office suites. Regarding a document for testing- any short, one page document written with OnlyOffice with .docx or .doc or .odf format gives the same result. I couldn't attach any document to this reply (invalid extention) .

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm

I can confirm we did have cases like that. They do not repeat in the new version which is to be released relatively soon. Check for updates and once the new version is released, check it out and let us know if everything is fine.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Thank You for this information. Good to know that you have already been working on it. Hope that new release will bring some improvements.
Best regards!

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 am

I've just upgraded Desktop Editors to version 5.4.1.33. It prints faster than previous version indeed. It is still much slower than libreoffice and wps but now it seems to be at least usable. It means than I can completely switch to onlyoffice for editing ms office formats documents :). Regards!