Default Font for Asian Languages

Office suite for offline editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations and collaboration
cureheal

Default Font for Asian Languages

Post by cureheal » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:34 pm

This is a suggestion / improvement ideas for those who deal with Asian languages. (or any non-latin languages I should say)

Currently, when you open a document that contains Asian languages, it renders horribly because the editor is trying to render all characters with a default Latin font. ( Calibri and so on)

It is a big problem for those who work a lot with Asian languages.
You have to manually edit the entire document to use correct Asian fonts for a proper rendering of characters.
You have to manually correct Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, Normal... you name it. It is a lot of work.

Other word processors have a default Asian font they resort to when they process Asian Languages.

For example, when Microsoft Word recognizes a Korean character, even though the default font throughout the entire document is "calibri", it automatically switches to Malgun Gothic for Korean characters.

I discovered that ONLYOFFICE already has a set of awesome fonts for Asian languages.
If the entire suite is improved in a way that uses those fonts by default when they recognize Asian langauages,
it would save me a lot of time.

Kate

Re: Default Font for Asian Languages

Post by Kate » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello,

We have transferred your suggestion to our developers. If there is any new information about the topic, we will update you on it.